The innovative A3/A2 desktop planetary scanner with a superior image quality, ergonomics and high productivity in a unique integrated solution.
The EDS ALPHA is an innovative A3/A2 desktop planetary scanner, the first born in the METIS EDS family (Easy Digital Scanner). The EDS is a special line of professional scanners designed and manufactured by METIS in order to overcome the usual limitations inherent this category of products. In particular, this scanner offers superior image quality, ergonomics, ease of use and high productivity in a unique integrated solution.
EDS (Easy Digital Scanner) means great quality, speed and ease-of-use.
- Maximum scan size and resolution can vary according to user needs thanks to the integrated zoom optics; this makes possible to acquire at best originals up to the A2 format and up to 600 PPI
- Original METIS V-table solution with automatic shape recognition, deskew and curvature correction features
- Unrivaled image quality that is far beyond any other similar solution
- Extremely rapid acquisition time
- Comprehensive METIS EDS acquisition software with many powerful of useful tools and features
- Extremely simple to use thanks to the EDS software user-friendly “icon based” interface which also supports touch screens.
- Supported Digital Cameras (CMOS color):
- Nikon D5600 (24 MegaPixels)
- Canon EOS 850D (24 MegaPixels)
- Acquisition color depth: 14bit per channel (3 x 14bit)
- Integrated Zoom optics with motorized focus. The EDS software supports several optics
- Integrated sensors for real time reading of exposure, color temperature and automatic focus
- Adjustable working area: it includes the V-table which consists of two tiltable, shiftable and fully independent plates which can be easily adaptable to different needs and perfectly accommodate even difficult original such as old and fragile books with limited opening
- Maximum acquisition format: higher than the A2 format (A2 = 594 x 420 mm – 23.4 x 16.54 in)
- Adjustable optical resolution from about 242 PPI to about 600PPI
- Adjustable output resolution
- Acquisition time < 1 second; full cycle time, between one acquisition and the next one, including acquisition, processing and saving: ~ 2 seconds
- Parallel image processing and saving do not affect the acquisition time; thanks to the powerful algorithms the processing and saving time is usually extremely fast and is completed in less of one second
- Lighting kit: optional
- PC minimal Specifications: i5 Intel Processor and 8GB RAM; 2 x USB 2.0 and 2 x USB 3.0 ports; Windows 10 64bit.
- Color, grayScale or black/white 1bit
- Automatic or manual exposure control
- Automatic or manual focus control
- Automatic or manual depth of field control
- Automatic or manual gray balance control (light color temperature compensation)
- Software control of image exposure and contrast
- Automatic and manual Crop
- Automatic deskew and curvature correction
- Light uniformity correction filter
- Paper color correction
- Automatic book center and shape recognition
- Automatic Book page split with user definable overlap
- User definable image orientation
- Automatic Finger recognition and removal filter
- Unsharp masking filter
- “Live Video” function allows a real-time control over the scanning area; this is particularly useful in order to maximize image quality and to perfectly position the original respect to the camera
- Image review and navigator tools with a full resolution image viewer
- Add/remove/insert shot button
- Automatic image naming with user selectable rules (manual naming, programmable increments, etc.)
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Image saving in TIFF, JPEG, JPEG2000, BMP, PNG, PDF, PDF-A, PDF Multipage, TIFF Multi-page, TIFFG4 1bit
- Automatic JOB handling with full image and shooting parameters save and reuse
Wish to learn more or have any additional questions? Please feel free to reach out.
Contact Us Now!